The Cover STORIES
We pay homage to Zendaya’s Oscars x Vanity Fair 2022 After Party Look, which coupled a bold eye with a classic warm summer glow. The best part – Zendaya famously did her own makeup that night.
We spoke to Sasha Ghodstinat, Code8’s Global Lead Artist and Trainer, for the step-by-step routine. Bring on those ‘Summer Nights’.
GET THE LOOK
- Achieve an effortlessly flawless base with our Day-to-Night Foundation, the perfect long-wearing, demi-matte canvas.
- The star of the show with this look is that bold eye. Start by applying Shade 2 from the Iconoclast Eyeshadow Palette in shade Velvet Chrome across the entire lid.
- Follow this with the Contour Eye Pencil in Classic Black. Use your finger to form a line from the tip of the end of your eyebrow to the outer corner of your eye. Draw the wing such that it reaches the mid-point between the two, where the crease of your eye naturally falls, before extending into the eye crease itself a little. Continue the line along the top of your lash line as well. Do not worry about being too neat!
- Blend. Blend. Blend. Take a small, fluffy eyeshadow brush and blend the eyeliner into the eyeshadow, muting the harshness of the eyeliner whilst still defining its shape.
- Complete the eye with Lash Sophisticate Mascara.
- Define and perfect using Seamless Cover Concealer. Apply 3 dots beneath each eye before gently blending to instantly brighten the undereye area. Take this up alongside the wing to help define the shape.
- Apply Summer Glow Bronze Powder to the high points of the face: across the forehead, on the very tops of the cheekbones, a little on the tip of the nose and finally, a small amount on the chin.
- Use Highlight HD Palette to illuminate the upper cheekbones, adding an additional dimension to the face.
- Finish the look by lightly lining the lip with Lip Surrealist Lip Liner in shade Pablo, before adding a wash of colour with Glazé Universal Lip Gloss, in shade Spyglass.